Friday, August 3, 2007

Triggered today!!!!

So, today was my CD 12 ultrasound to see how I responded to the Femara this cycle. This one is even better than last cycle. I had two beautiful follies - a 25 mm on the right and a 26 mm on the left.

Dr. Bates got so excited, he told the nurse to schedule me for an IUI tomorrow morning, until she reminded him that we're doing timed intercourse. He did offer me a trigger shot if I wanted it, so I went for it. He thought I'd ovulate probably tomorrow or Sunday, but with the trigger, we can just time it better, so I went for it.

I'm so excited - I really hope this is our cycle. Last month I only had 1 good follie and it was only 15mm when he checked, plus I was sick and taking tons of Advil (big no no, evidently there are studies out that show that Advil taken mid-cycle can cause problems with ovulation/implantation) during the middle of my cycle last month, so I really do hope that is why last month was a bust, but we'll see. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but it's hard.

I really do hope this month works out for us, I don't think Dr. Bates will want to do too many more cycles without moving on to IUI, and I'd just as soon spend that $$ getting a nursery ready, than still shelling out for monitoring.

2 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

Good luck! Hope you had a "fun" weekend!

AwkwardMoments said...

a lil late - but good luck on the IUI!!