Saturday, July 28, 2007

I'm just a blogging machine tonight....

I know, I've posted a lot, but I saw this posted on The Nest earlier by "lovemy2boys" and it was just so good, I had to copy and post it. (I edited slightly to fit my situation, but I have to give her the credit).

The perfect comeback when someone tells those of us who are IF to "just relax":


I should say:

You know, I would try not to think about it, but - once I get over the utter devastation of actually getting my period, I have to call my RE to let him know that I started to see what the plan of action is.

It's usually starting some random medication on the third day of my cycle, so I have to count, "day one, day two, day three," okay - time to go in for a baseline u/s and start taking my meds for five days. After the fifth day, I start using my fertility monitor on a daily basis, so I can know when I get a peak reading. On or around the 13th day of my cycle, I go in for another ultrasound to check my follicles to make sure everything is developing okay. Oh yeah, I almost forgot - around day 12 or so, my husband and I have to be sure have sex whether we're in the mood or not - romantic, huh? Yes, it can become a chore, but we're paying so much for this cycle, we can't be slackers.

If I haven't gotten a peak reading within the few days my doctor said I should ovulate based on my last ultrasound, it's back to the doctor I go so he can take another peek and see what's going on - it's possible I'm just going to ovulate a little later than normal, or if I'm REALLY lucky, I get to get a shot that will force my body to do so. That's fun. Then, for 36 - 48 hours after the trigger, we have to have sex again. Then every day after that is filled with anxiety and hope that "it finally worked this time." So - as you can see, I don't quite have the luxury of "not thinking about it all the time."

PRICELESS.....though I don't know that I'd have the nerve to actually say it, it's nice to have it in the back of my mind.

No comments: