Saturday, July 28, 2007

A special kind of idiot....

I've always heard the expression that you have to do xxxx to be xxxx, but any idiot can become a parent, when discussing how silly it is to have to jump through hoops for some things and there are no real requirements for becoming a parent. I've even used it a few times before we experienced infertility.

I'm watching an episode of "Bringing Home Baby" that I DVR'ed and this couple takes the cake.
She just said "In the last two weeks, we've had a new car, our dogs had 8 puppies, we moved to a new house, we've gotten a lot of new furniture, and we have a new baby." Good for them, right?

WRONG....

1. Said new car is a freaking Cadillac Escalade - LOADED - leather seats, DVD players in the head rests, the works. Which, I would normally say to each his own, but NOT in light of point #2.

2. The idiots didn't buy a car seat for their new BABY, because "we knew if you didn't have one, the hospital would GIVE us one, and we figured it would be good enough". Seriously. This pathetic little car seat looks like the one I got for Christmas when I was about 7 for my freaking Cabbage Patch Kids. Seriously.

3. This isn't some complicated car seat with the latch and the base and all that stuff - it's ONE piece with a hole to thread the seatbelt through and this idiot can't figure out how to do it. He has to go BACK into the hospital to get a NURSE (who I'm certain has nothing better to do) to come install the damn thing.

4. He doesn't "do" diapers. PUH-LEASE..... I'm certain it's not anyone's favorite thing, but to just say "Sorry, babe, I don't 'do' diapers"?!?!

5. While the wife is downstairs entertaining all the family that come over, her HUSBAND is upstairs curled up in the bed with the new baby sleeping. Now, while I'm certain the first few days as a new dad are exhausting, I would certainly think he'd be watching out a bit more for his wife. Oh, excuse me - fiance.

6. Day 1 home, his fiance, has to explain to him WHY they can't just hop in the car at midnight anymore and go grab something to eat. Seriously?!? He then proceeds to try to guilt her into going and ASKS THE BABY if she wants to go get something to eat. At midnight. The first day home. With a new baby and a fiance who can barely stand up straight.

7. Next, he proceeds to take this baby who was just fed and is ready to sleep holds her up to a camera that appears to be mounted on the ceiling and proceeds to poke at her and try to move her mouth to make her look like she's talking. (Still on day 1 at home here, people!)

8. Day 2, he decides it's time to take the baby out for a walk. It's obviously hot. It's summer, her family is coming over to "hang out by the pool". He ignores what she says, tells her there's shade and no reason the baby can't hang out at the pool. When the mother says again, "I don't want her out on such a hot day", he says, I kid you not, "well, let's just let her [baby] decide".

This poor, poor child.

And yet, THESE people can have a baby. Probably on their first try or by accident. How does this happen???

Excuse me while my head explodes.

1 comment:

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.