Thursday, July 26, 2007

New Cycle is a GO!!!

Whew! Dr. Bates gave me a bit of a scare today. I went in for my CD3 bloodwork and scans, and everything seemed normal until he looked at my right ovary and found a 17mm cyst.

Now, anyone who has been through IF knows that cysts are bad. Those pesky little things have the ability to make you sit on the sidelines waiting for them to go away. He warned me that if my bloodwork came back showing the cyst was producing hormones, that on the pill I'd go until it went away. I was panicked - I've come this far and now I might have to sit a month (or more) out?!?!

Well, this afternoon, my nurse called and said my bloodwork was just fine and Dr. Bates thinks the cyst is just from where I ovulated before and it should resolve itself, so I was given the go ahead to start my Femara again, and have an appointment to check what I hope will be a few BIG BEAUTIFUL follicles next Friday.

Keep all your fingers and toes crossed!!!!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

All of your folicles are beautiful. I've always thought so.

janimal said...

Hey there! Dr Bates did my iui today - were you at the Perimeter office today too?
Best of luck with this cycle. Glad it's a GO!

Leesa said...

No, I saw him at John's Creek on Thursday - I usually go to John's Creek, so he's the only RE I ever see!

Best of luck with your IUI.